Links to helpful sources for equipment are categorized below.
- Blackhawk – military-style bags, most with a lifetime warranty
- Campmor – competitive prices, but nearest store is in New Jersey
- REI – visit a nearby store (Boston, Framingham, Hingham, Reading) to be properly fitted for a backpack
- The Supply Sergeant is one of the few military clothiers who still carries the blue boonie hat – ideal for hot weather deployments.
- Have a favorite source for boots? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dogtags are required for some military aircraft. The proper format is:
LAST NAME FIRST NAME MI SOCIAL SEC NUMBER BLOOD TYPE RELIGION PREF (optional)
- DogTagsOnline makes mil-spec tags at an affordable price. A complete set includes two identical matte finish stainless steel tags, one 24″ chain, one 4-5″ chain, and a set of silencers.
- US Army PEO Soldier Authorized Protective Eyewear List (APEL) Commercially available protective eyewear which has been independently tested and evaluated for impact protection.
- Oakley Military & Government Sales Discounted prices and special products – requires that you apply for an account and submit a copy of your federal identification card.
- Beyond Clothing Custom-made outerwear and insulating layers. The laying system is based on the new Extended Cold Weather Clothing System – Generation III. Level IV is similar to the black ECWCS jackets and pants in the MA-1 team supply. Provide your exact measurements and Beyond custom manufactures (in the US) a garment sized just for you.
Information on this page is not intended to be legal, medical or other expert advice or services, and should not be used in place of consultation with appropriate professionals. The information provided is intended to be accurate and helpful, but it should not be considered exhaustive. Links to equipment from particular vendors or manufacturers is provided as a convenience and does not constitute an endorsement.